Dr. Samantha Anthony was invited to the 7th Board of the Network to present her project: "Patient-reported outcome measures within pediatric solid organ transplantation: A systematic review". She is a Social Worker within the Transplant and Regenerative Medicine Centre and a Health Clinician Scientist at SickKids. Dr. Anthony is a Scientist-Track Investigator in the Child Health Evaluative Sciences Program of the Research Institute. She leads a clinical research program focused on establishing a foundation for successful psychosocial adaptation and enhanced quality of life for children with chronic disease, with a particular focus on solid organ transplantation. Patient-
The use of PROMs and PREMs in the paediatric transplanted patient's healthcare will allow to:
- Give a general description of patients' health.
- Identify incipient conditions and disabilities.
- Monitor the evolution of the disease with the treatment.
- Evaluate the patients' perceived necessities.
- Create treatments consistent within patients' preferences and needs.
- Improve the communication between the clinician and the patient.
- Provide data reported by patients to improve quality.
- Standardise the interactions between patients and HealthCare Providers.