• Who we currently are (and what centers are currently not and should be in the network)
• To analyse the number and distribution of existing centers and transplantation programs
• To identify the equity in access to transplantation for pediatric candidates across Europe, and
• Extend the network to all EU member states and thus provide access to the network to all patients and families across the EU.
The Health Care working group through of multidisciplinary collaboration group decided to define the EU map of the paediatric transplantation activities, including both solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplants.
To achieve this goal, we kindly request the collaboration of all European National Agencies to provide paediatric donation and transplant information between the years 2012-2016. Information on transplanted patients under the age of 18 was collected including:
- The number of pediatric solid organ transplantations by type of organ (kidney, liver, lung, heart, and intestinal/multivisceral).
- The number of pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplantations.
- The number of transplants (both solid organ and hematopoietic) per Hospitals of each country.
Bulgarian Executive Agency for Transplantation
2. Czech Republic
Prof.MUDr. Miloš Adamec, CSc
Koordinační středisko transplantací
Mrs. VIRGE PALL, MD
Director of Transplantation Centre
Tartu University Hospital
Hellenic Transplant Organization
Εθνικός Οργανισμός Μεταμοσχεύσεων
National Organ Donor Co-Ordinator
Organ Donation and Transplant Ireland
Paola Di Ciaccio
Head of Foreign Affairs Division
Italian National Transplant Centre
Italian National Institute of Health
Transplant Coordination Department
National Transplant Bureau
Under the Ministry of Health of the Republic Lithuania
Centrum Organizacyjno-Koordynacyjne do Spraw Transplantacji
Assessora da Coordenação Nacional da Transplantação
Serviços Centrais - Instituto Português de Sangue e da Transplantação, IP
Organización Nacional de Trasplantes
Ministerio de Sanidad, Consumo y Bienestar Social
Daniel Kuba, Magdaléna Krátka
Bratislava, Slovenská republika
Zavod RS za presaditve organov in tkiv Slovenija-transplant
Ljubljana - Slovenija
13. United Kingdom
ODT Statistical Enquiries – NHS -UK
14. Eurotransplant Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Switzerland
Jacob de Boer, MD
Medical Staff ET
Eurotransplant International Foundation
Organtransplantation - Germany
15. Scandiatransplant Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden Ilse Duus Weinreich
Clinical Data and Office Manager
Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby
•Divided by hospitals.
•Separated by age: one group for patients younger than 16 years old, and a second one for those between 16 and 18 years old.
•Type of transplant: HSCT, liver, kidney, heart, lung and Intestinal/multivisceral.
•Years range from 2012 to 2016.
•As an optional, for liver and kidney the data were discriminated by by living or cadaveric (deceased) donor. In the case of HSCT, the data were divided by autologous or allogeneic transplant. The Health Care working group through of multidisciplinary collaboration group decided to define the EU map of the paediatric transplantation activities , including both solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplants. In order to achieve the highest possible reliability of the data these have been requested through all possible available ways like the national agencies for organ donation and allocation, European transplantation scientific societies, and center own registries . The map was prepared by the WG and was reviewed and approved by both the Group Coordinator and the Technical Director. The final version will be distributed online and the analysis of the results wil be discussed by the working group to obtain the mainly conclusions aligned to the objectives of this activity.